Vystar Veterans Memorial Arena Facility Evaluation
ASM Global Jacksonville | Jacksonville , Florida
OSPORTS was commissioned by ASM Global to provide a modified building condition assessment for the 15,000 seat Vystar Veterans Memorial Arena.
The modified facility condition assessment include the following:
- Concourse area improvement strategies
- Main club and suite level food and beverage upgrades
- Florida/Georgia Hall of Fame relocation and improvement strategies
- Duval Street Room improvements options
- Event Level VIP hospitality improvements
- Evaluation of enhanced usage of the “Cave” area on the upper concourse
- Entrance sequence and plaza improvements
- Main lobby upgrades
- Other misc. programs enhancements
The modified condition assessment addressed not only opportunities to improve the event day experience for fans and guest but also to provide better revenue opportunities for the City of Jacksonville. Through the study, OSPORTS evaluated options to expand concourse square footage buy infilling existing voids in the existing elevated floors as well as providing more circulation options to connect to exterior plazas and new food and beverage facilities. These improvements also address a new entry lobby and sequence including a credentialing strategy to increase operational efficiencies for guest ingress. OSPORTS also provided a comprehensive concept design and a series of renderings surrounding a new outdoor entertainment plaza highlighted by a destination patio bar aimed at providing a high-quality F&B experience for consumer prior and post event day as they enter and exit the arena. Additionally, the sitework included a new canopy system for enhance ticket scanning, vehicular protective bollards, and an integrated military appreciation brick plaza commemorating our nations hero’s.